Do you feel as though your child needs to overcome some physical, emotional and developmental hurdles and is being held back from reaching their potential? Is your child finding it difficult to thrive at school, sport or in their day-to-day lives? At Kids Neuro-Development at Gladesville, we’re here to help your child achieve and enjoy more from life.
We offer safe and effective care to help with common issues, including:
- Retained primitive reflexes
- Sensory processing difficulties
- Poor balance/coordination
- Difficulty sitting still in class
- Poor handwriting
- Poor focus/inattention
- Global developmental delays
- Poor eye tracking and reading
- Behavioural and social difficulties
Our Paediatric and Neuro-Rehabilitation Occupational Therapist Abe implements a range of brain-based therapies tailored to your child. These include retained primitive reflex therapy, body movement and awareness, balance and coordination, eye movement, memory and other cognitive exercises.
Retained primitive reflexes are often linked with behavioural and emotional regulation difficulties and we believe that by integrating them through body movement exercises, we can set a strong foundation for further learning and development.
Successful outcomes always start with accurate assessment of function. Our clinic offers the latest diagnostic testing technology to gain a better understanding of brain development and help guide therapy. Some of the technology we offer includes:
- Heart Rate Variability – helps to manage stress, anxiety and inattention
- Computerised Balance Testing – helps to manage body awareness and postural control
- Videonystagmography (VNG) – traces eye movements which have an impact on reading, writing, and attention
- Video Head Impulse Test (VHIT) – measures function of the vestibular system
- QEEG Brain Mapping – measures brain connectivity and function to help guide treatment
- HUMAC Balance System – helps to improve body awareness, balance, and sport performance
- Neuro-Sensorimotor Integrator – helps improve attention, eye movements, hand–eye coordination, balance and cognitive function
The therapy we offer is fun, safe, evidence based, and can be easily managed at home to ensure that we get the best results, in the fastest possible time. We understand that it can be difficult to see your child struggle at school, at home or in social settings, and not knowing exactly what you can do to help. Our focus is not only to help your child, but to also provide you, as parents and carers, with the right answers and knowledge to better understand how to help your child.
We strongly believe that improving brain function is a key foundation to a better lived experience, and every child deserves this opportunity to learn, play, make meaningful relationships, and thrive.
Be sure to take advantage of limited spaces we have available for a kids neuro-developmental screen ($39, normally $100).
Call 9817 6611 now and secure a spot for your child.
All images supplied by Kids Neuro Developmental Therapy @ Gladesville